When the error “5.156.61 ″ in a Canon MFP, the message “the scanner is disconnected or the USB cable is disconnected” appears at the same time
Before contacting a service center, you can independently take a number of measures to eliminate this error.
Check USB connection between PC and MFP.
- Carry out a visual inspection for any damage to the USB cable (transmitted, chewed on mice, cats, dogs)
- If you are using a USB extension cable, then check the connection.
- Take a known working USB cable (preferably 1.8 meters) and connect the MFP and PC directly and do a test scan. If the error persists, see the next paragraph.
Problem with USB port on PC
Connect your MFP to a different USB port on your computer. If possible, connect to another computer or laptop. Install drivers if necessary.
- Update the drivers for your device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the driver for your device
If you have done all possible operations to eliminate the problem, but have not fixed it, then contact the service center.